That Spanish bloke was good. Josh Brolin was good. That sheila from Trainspotting was good. Tommy Lee was good, much better than in the movie with Pammy. The Mexicans were good. Then I fell asleep. I hear that it wasn't a fairytale ending.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I tried to sneak this onto Glen's cellphone as the ringtone. I won't go into the numerous reasons I couldn't, but they had nothing to do with my skillz, and everything to do with a website that starts with V and ends with odafone.
I've had this song going through my head for approximately 3 weeks, it cracks me up, and I think I must be about 12 years old. I don't feel too badly though, Harvestbird put me onto it, and she is like, a TOTAL brainiac.
Posted by Martha Craig at 9:03 PM
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Posted by Martha Craig at 8:58 PM
- Please, how are the people on Grand Designs so damn rich?
- In notes of shallowness, I finally chose a new bag, it is PRETTY.
- And I went to the MAC counter and let them stick stuff on my face, and then went "yes yes yes", and was very relieved that I had vouchers to pay with, 'cos eek. Mind you, I only buy makeup about once a decade, so I'm okay.
- We're heading up to Te Kopuru via Whangarei tomorrow for Glen's grandma's funeral. She lived a long and fruitful life, and I think it will be a good experience. Plus Lucinda will meet her Nana for the first time, which is lovely.
- Our crops are spent (well, our cherry tomatoes, nothing else really took). What shall we plant next?
- I made quilts! It was fun, and would make a quilter keel over dead in horror, such is my technique. I probably won't make more, because I think two were fun and more would be really tedious.
- Did I mention the pox? Oh, I did? Well they're gone, never to return. THANK SWEARWORDIDONTUSENOWBECAUSEIMAPROFESSIONAL (except when talking).
- We watched approx 2 minutes of No Country for Old Men the other night, and it was pretty grim, should we persist? Bearing in mind we're total soft-cocks now.
Posted by Martha Craig at 8:19 PM
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I was going to have a whine about the fact the baby has chicken pox, and go on a bit about what a lovely day we had, but it all pales a bit in comparison to this.
I've been reading Gorillabuns for a few months, since we have babies the same age, and she writes so truthfully about it all, and also has a good healthy hankering for some vodka. I can't imagine what she is going through, but I'm sending all the powers of the universe I can conjure up for her little boy.
Posted by Martha Craig at 7:01 PM
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Monday, April 06, 2009
Each day I used to mull over things, and blog posts would form themselves. Now, in the darkest of night when I start mulling over ideas I invariably come up with an apologetic post about why I'm too busy for thinking, and I berate myself because YAWN, nobody cares about that. So I'll say it this once, I am busy busy busy, all the time.
At the moment I should be busily trawling through receipts to do the stocktake, and I have been doing that, but gawd BORING. I did manage to finally go through 2500 shirts, because we had a quality problem, and each one needed checking. I'd say I threw out half of them, which sort of killed me, but was also very pleasingly purging because now I don't have to be disappointed when I reach into a box and haul out a wonky piece of shit.
The shop is going great guns, we've ventured tentatively into adult's clothing. Not much, I have no intention of being a clothing shop, but we were approached by a gorgeous NZ company, and I thought it was worth a punt. They have been so popular! And we have lovely new bags and other stuff that keeps the job interesting.
Poor Malo has chicken pox now, and he is absolutely covered in spots. I have another week inside with him, which is okay, but a bit sucky for him.
And Twitter still owns me. I can reach over when I'm feeding and knock out a few words, it is the perfect place for my sketchy, stretched brain.
Posted by Martha Craig at 8:14 PM