My previous drunken posts probably reveal part of the fun this weekend was. After a lovely, busy day in the shop in Petone, visited by lots of great people and chatting away to all the ace customers, I came home to a delicious bottle of wine. I love the beginning of daylight savings, I know it is a drag for some, but when you've got kids who are waking earlier and earlier, is is psychologically a blimmin godsend. And wine! A good evening of drunken scheming, twittering, singing 80s songs (C4 had a well timed 80s night), awesome.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Even 2 minutes after I wrote that, I realised it didn't make sense, but for Mission Martha's Brain I decided to just Go For It.
Posted by Martha Craig at 11:07 PM
I figured at some point in the next decade I had to be hammered.
Posted by Martha Craig at 11:01 PM
Thursday, September 23, 2010
I'm not feeling brainy. I used to feel pretty onto it, but now my brain is FULL of boring staff rosters, GST returns, accounts to pay. Total yawnfest. I don't know how people keep a part of their brain for themselves when there is so much to have to think about, but they do, and I'm going to too. I just don't know how yet. Any suggestions are welcome.
Posted by Martha Craig at 9:27 PM
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
- I read Room today. I really liked it. I don't read much these days, and I couldn't put it down.
- I went into the shop last night and tried on heaps of clothes. It is the first time I've done it, and it was amazing, like having my own personal, well, shop (which I suppose I do have). I bought myself this and one of these (not pictured).
- Things are much better than they were. We got back most of our money for the crashed car in Australia, which was great. We don't tend to take out the insurance on rental cars, and even though we've been caught out the last couple of times, we only actually lost a couple of hundred of bucks, which is what we would have lost if we'd taken out insurance, and not used it. Sounds very circular, I know, but we're happy.
- The shops are ace. Winter was pretty grim, the recession kicked in, but basically we just realised that last year was blimming cruisy, and the shops are still viable. Talk to any retailer, and this is the year the recession bit. Plus things are definitely on the up now, and we're really enjoying them.
- I got a new camera, look! It's suddenly like I can actually take photos, even if I can't put them prettily in the blog.
- Now I have to go and watch *cough* Glee. Wheeeeee!
- Oh frack, seems something on my site is misbehaving, and I'm going to have to remove all the links (which were terribly out of date anyway, but still, wish I didn't have to.
Posted by Martha Craig at 7:59 PM
Monday, September 06, 2010
Every year I manage to miss anything good on the awards shows, but I found this on YouTube, and it neatly combines my Joel McHale/Community love, 30 Rock new obsession (yes, I'm a late adopter), Glee secret fangirl ness, OMG Madmen/Jon Hamm, and Bruce Springsteen. I could watch it all day. It even has Tim Gunn!
Posted by Martha Craig at 9:55 AM
Sunday, September 05, 2010
We've just been having the most insane batch of bad luck for the last couple of months, and it kind of ruins wanting to say anything on this blog, because everything is like "yeah, we went to Melbourne, but the car got pranged and it cost $4000", and "yeah, the shop is good, but then some cheeky motherfucker stole the ipod and it ruined my mood", and trust me, it has been a very long series of these sort of events. Fact is though, we're still very chipper. At this point all the stupidness is almost a joke, and as long as the bank doesn't actually expect us to pay back the credit card, we'll be fine.
Posted by Martha Craig at 12:35 PM