Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Craft mojo

In an effort to get back my craft mojo and my writing mojo and my mojo mojo, I have signed up to do the Little Minx Crafty Freaks challenge. Now, I would never admit to failing anything, however I think it is fair to say that a) I'm late and b) I'm submitting renovations as "craft".


It's still impressively dusty and needs a further wipe. I'm proud of it though, I've never really tiled before, only ably assisted. This time I did the waterproofing underneath, mixed the adhesive and spread it out in lovely swirly sweeps, laid the tiles and settled them and then grouted the lot.

The project wasn't especially cheap. We bought the tiles forgetting about all the other associated costs (tile board, waterproofing membrane, we used 6 boxes of grout) but it really will make the bathroom look completely swish once it's finished. And a tiler told Glen mosaic tiles can cost $250m2 to lay. I understand this now, it was an unpleasant job. I can't stop looking at them now though. 

As far as craft projects go I don't know how often I'll get to practice this new skill. I do need a splash back behind the stove though, and we have some nice leftover tiles.

No comments: