Sunday, October 05, 2008

Highlights of a crazy day of crazy in the land of crazy

  • Getting up for my 7am flight feeling remarkably refreshed, despite only having 2 hours sleep.
  • Having breakfast in a cafe for the first time in years. Mmm, bacon and eggs and good company and a latte. And Jo Seagar was there (Auckland always produces a minor celeb to look at).
  • Powering through gift fair, buying truckloads of good stuff, avoiding mountains of dross. I managed to resist every Jack Daniel's mirror, soft toy, fake flower, scented candle in the joint.
  • Remaining calm whilst finding out that my plane was delayed, even though my level of exhaustion meant that I would probably have wept if asked to change gates or walk through the security thing again, oh, hang on, I managed to do that without crying. I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR.
  • Buying my lovely boys some presents and a six pack of Dunkin' Donuts, for I am all class.
  • Having my lovely boys meet me at the airport, and even though I got them quality edukashional toys, they liked the Kinder Surprises best, for they are little kiddies, and they have me for a mother.
  • Being home.