Monday, October 19, 2009

Project Jamie Oliver is go

Jamie Oliver can thank me, I have purchased his app for the iphone. All the recipes look very simple, so it is a long stretch from being the Julie/Julia project. I have in a past incarnation actually been a caterer, not that this means much, but I should be able to come up with some dinner ideas without the aid of a phone app. However, it is very cute and a fun way to not think about what to make for tea. So far I've made the pea soup with ciabatta and feta croutons (delicious), papadelle with bacon and asparagus (also delicious) and last night we had crispy fried chicken (extremely delicious).

I would like to acknowledge that I know I've spelled the above Italian words wrong. I would like to acknowledge that they will remain that way.

Tonight I'm going to make cauliflower cheese risotto, because that sounds like it will be delicious, and I'm a bit over all the bread and pasta stuff.

And for the 3 people who may not have seen this clip, some dining advice from the NZ Police:



In slightly police related news, we've watched the first season of The Wire. It was brilliant, and now we roll with a slight gansta swagger and try and slip a "mos def", "Balmor" and "aiiright" into our conversation. Middle-aged, white people from Petone should probably avoid this sort of behaviour.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I tried to get people at my job to adopt "it's all in the game" as a catch phrase as in

"Oh no! we have to waste all our time at meetings discussing why we aren't more productive" [shrug] "it's all in the game, dog"

Never caught on though. It's probably for the best.

Jessie said...

Aaah so that's what people were talking about on twitter the other day!

Hope the app is working out for you. I've been employing the avoid-cooking-by-eating-out-every-meal method lately, but I'm not sure how long it can last.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Wire! (Up to episode 6 of season 2). Am dying for an opportunity to describe something as '250 Laaaarge'.

Oy Vey said...

I love the fact that McNulty is British. I didn't know anybody could do an American accent.

I'd do him.