Thursday, February 05, 2009

Routine

In case you were wondering, the reason I don't write much at the moment isn't because I'm snowed under with three kiddies, but mainly because I'm pretty sure people won't be that interested in the things I'm interested in. I'm perfectly willing to acknowledge that the baby looking at the bookshelf isn't as exciting as, say, um, someone giving the prime minister the biff, but to me the baby looking at the bookshelf is really awesome. And the contents of her nappy are a source of constant amazement. And the boys saying quite earnestly that she is "the most beautiful baby in the world" is quite touching. And her little legs stretching out more often so she is less a foetal little ball and more a human being is quite wonderful. And her little eyelashes extending beyond her formerly puffy eyes is quite lovely. And her sleeping for a good 6 hour stretch is quite a relief.

So until I can write a decent post about important things, like telly and beer, I'll shut my (internetty) gob.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't fall for it! It's baby sorcery. Those things are dangerous.

Martha Craig said...

Crap, you're right, I can't believe she conned me.

Kelly said...

6 hours? I'm jealous. Mine can only manage about 4 at a time, occasionally 5. What's your secret? (P.S. I've tried rum.)

Amanda said...

Well I'm glad to hear it's going well. But ok not hearing about the contents of the young princess's nappies.

backin15 said...

I'm with Kelly, six hours is magnificient. I want to know your secret too. And this bloggage is fantastically interesting. The part about your boys is charming. I hope my daughter feels the same when her sister arrives in June!