Monday, May 17, 2010

The fine art of procrastination

It is amazing what can be achieved when there is a pressing tax return needing attention. While I should be measuring up my home office, and tallying all my home power bills, I've instead been re-designing the Wanda Harland website. Not the shopping site, the shop site, capiche? Hopefully Glen will be making it live right about now. Mind you, my efforts were thwarted yesterday by Wordpress going down until 1am (the benefit of a baby is that you are often still awake at 1am. Yes. It is a benefit).


And might I just say how much I like Wordpress? I'm not going to change from darling blogspot here, but over there Wordpress is the bomb. As in a cluster fly bomb. Oh dear. Stream of conscientiousness blogging is leading all over the freaking place tonight.

Where was I. Oh yes, I thought it might be time for some bullets (see, we have like a war, bomb kind of military theme going).

  • The new website (over there) will allow for me to more easily upload new products and blather about them. If you like that sort of thing, you can now follow me, since it has fancy schmants RSS.
  • We've been watching Treme, by David Simon, who made The Wire. It is great, for all the reasons that Amanda speaks of over here, and she says it so much better than I could. I'd like to be watching it now, but someone is busy tweaking aforementioned website.
  • We've also become somewhat obsessed with Community, after a recommendation from Ms Hubris. It is sooooooo gooooood. Although Joel McHale is too muscley for someone who looks like him, which is a compliment, because he is very handsome, and the muscles serve as a distraction.
  • We had tortillas again tonight, with rice and chicken and black beans. I think the tortilla press obsession may last a little longer than the paella obsession, which lasted quite a long time.

1 comment:

Vicus Scurra said...

Is it OK if I read this later?