Sunday, June 22, 2008

The news on Sunday

It is pissing down. We were hoping for pissing down later in the week, so we could shut the shop and do our mega-expansion plans (ie. knock down a wall - MEGA). There is space at the back which we think could make a great improvement to the shop, however, it will be a dusty mess, and we want to close when nobody would be coming in anyway.

Baby is growing. Actually, baby is still 10cm, but to look at my stomach you may be forgiven for thinking baby is considerably larger. That is my aeroplane lolly baby, and as a friend kindly said, fluid and stuff. I feel good at the moment, into the second trimester where it is supposed to be FUN. In my experience, pregnancy is never fun, but you never know. Perhaps I'll have a girl, and the whole thing will be different. Every old wives tale points to it being a girl, but evidence of previous pregnancies points to a boy. I'm totally cool either way, a girl would be different and interesting, but the sound of "mother of three boys" really appeals to me.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack is playing for the second time, perhaps that accounts for a certain quietness in the Wanda Harland Shop right now. Nothing to do with the unhinged, wannabe-weilding-a-sledgehammer woman behind the counter, cuddling a bag of aeroplane lollies...

1 comment:

Mel Archer said...

Ooo if you're on an aeroplane lollie jag, then try the Natural Confection Co. Forbidden Fruit lollies - I've just eaten half a packet myself..Mmmmmm Good luck with the demolition...