Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mini branded


Mini branded
Originally uploaded by Wanda Harland.
This is the post that took forever to write. First I tried to add text to the car using Gimp, then I tried to download a picture from my shoe phone and my computer refused to recognise it, then I tried to write a post on the laptop, which took approximately a life time to start up, and then promptly crashed.

So all my vague ideas about what I was going to write have expired. I'm exhausted by the whole bloody process.

The gist (jist?) of it is, when we got the car I was going to brand it hugely to justify such an extravagance, and it would have looked exactly like this picture.

I've finished branding it finally in real life. And it looks a bit like this











That is where my phone photo would have gone, should the thing have worked.

Basically, I have purchased one of those number plate surrounds. Not a personalised number plate, a surround. I couldn't bear anyone touch the lovely paintwork on my precious.

In other news, we bought a dog. She is still with her mum and dad, but we'll get her in 2 weeks. She is a very unlikely sounding Dr Seuss breed - I'll keep you in suspense until someone asks exactly what.

And she needs a name. Ideas welcome.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so what breed is she?

Martha Craig said...

Schnoodle. Cool eh? A big Schnoodle.

LK said...

I love schnausers, that's the 'schn' half eh?

How about Schnover?

Rosie said...

oh ps we bought a dog, that deserves its own post I believe, not a footnote. It is the most exciting thing one could ever post about!! (maybe just for me). Schnoodles are cute. I have dog envy. What about Bertie?

Martha Craig said...

I am very excited, and there will be much posting once we have her, but until we actually get our mitts on her, I don't want to jinx things...

Bertie is lovely, but perhaps slightly masculine? And Bertha is just too similar to my own name.

Unknown said...

Doggylicious?

the word verification suggests "goiba", which I also like.

Anonymous said...

What about Topsy for a name?

Sarah said...

Monkey. I call every animal I come across Monkey, and none of them have minded. Thus far.

Martha Craig said...

She is a girl dog, and needs a nice girly name.

Anonymous said...

The dog's name should be Ezra. It is Hebrew for 'helper'. Your dog will help your and your friends' children find patience, perseverance, companionship, laughter, love, respect and maturity.

Or run with Monkey - it's a crackup name. Makes me cackle.

Anonymous said...

Oh, nice mini too, but there's a reason the news always finishes with an animal story ... it keeps the punters tuned in. Notice you only mentioned the dog in passing and no one, I mean noone, is interested in the car ...

Martha Craig said...

Isn't Ezra a boy's name? I do like it, but I knew a boy at primary school called Ezra, and I don't think I could adjust.

And the Mini wasn't really a good story anyway. It would've been if I hadn't had such a drama bloody trying to post it, but by the time I wrote it i was well over the bloody car.

Martha Craig said...

oh, and I call the boys "Monkey", so I couldn't do that one either.

Perhaps she could be Wanda Harland.

David said...

A name: Ms Dog. If you're too familiar with your pets then they'll start taking liberties.

Martha Craig said...

My parents have dibs on the "Dog" name.

Joanna said...

I like the idea of calling her Wanda. A Dog Named Wanda has a good ring to it...

Anonymous said...

I do like A Dog Called Wanda

Our dogs came from a UK Kennel Club breeder who named all her dogs after characters from opera - so we had Lady Be Good (Lady for short) and Billy Budd (Billy)

Billie wouldn't be a bad name for a female dog.

You could also try Sheba (ie Queen of) who, in the Old Testament in the Bible, is "black, but comely" - but that name is more frequently given to a cat for some reason.

What about Adelaide?

Anonymous said...

with the german and french connections (schnauser/poodle) i feel something foreign and exotic like frauline fifi!

Anonymous said...

"She is a girl dog, and needs a nice girly name."

so 'tractor' is out then.

what about "wanda walk", or in french girls names, "adele"