Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Great day. I had the busiest day yet in the shop, which was pretty bloody awesome.

Then, when I came home, we ploughed into Glen's birthday gourmet food stash, courtesy of my parents. Man, the minute the first olive hit my palate I thought "what the hell have I been eating before now?", because I haven't enjoyed such amazing flavour for eons. Now I'm sitting here on the couch with some gorgeous waxed paper packages of Delice de Bourgnone, unpasteurised gruyere and unpasteurised roquefort. I have no idea if the thrill of eating things unpasteurised that makes them so tasty, but I'm never touching the Mainland again. We'll have to start selling off blood and organs to accommodate this new gourmet desire.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

you'll never go back never.

well you might. we bought $2 brie the other week and still ate it even though it was slightly orange.

nzm said...

We have French friends who hunt through the cheese fridges to look for brie and camembert that is about to expire, and then they keep it for a couple of weeks beyond expiry, as they reckon that this time is when the cheese it at its best.

Dunno about the orange colour though!

Mel Archer said...

Hmm where did the unpasturised gruyere and roquefort come from? And the olives - I've been trying to find ones that taste like the ones I ate in Spain but have had very little luck until now...any info gratefully received...

stephen said...

Yeah, spill: what kind of olives?