Friday, November 02, 2007

Mixed tape time

In this shop o' mine I have a need for constant music. Phoenix Foundation, Sam Scott and Luke Buda have been on high rotation, but after 2 weeks I need something else...

Here is your chance to prove how good you are at making mixed tapes (well, cds, although we do actually have a tape deck in the shop, so you if you're feeling old skool go for that).

It needs to be eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy listening, because anything challenging makes my brain explode a little when I have customers in the shop and they talk to me.

And I'll send you chocolate and k bars.

What a plan eh!! And you thought you had nothing to do for the weekend...

The address is:

Wanda Harland
148 Jackson St
Petone

9 comments:

Joanna said...

oooh! I'm so up for this.

Emma said...

Lady, you are ON! Up for an international music/treat swap? I am!

Anonymous said...

...when I have customers in the shop...

I love the way you just slipped that in, so pleased you are getting customers and they talk and stuff :)

Not that I expected anything other than success, but it would have been so awful if you'd said "I need music in the shop because I'm SO LONELY"

Anonymous said...

and what's a k bar?

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Oooo I'm getting excited about this. Is that a tad sad?

Martha Craig said...

Joanna, chur, I thought it might be just your thing!

Emma, yay! A package in the post from Americky sounds like just the thing. Email me your address and I'll put together something for you.

Cathi, you make me laugh. I never feel lonely, nor bored. My brain won't give me that sort of relief. You'll have to come in and try a K Bar. They're a childhood thing - disgusting fruity chewy lolly, which seems like it would be delicious, but memory lies.

Nikki, can't wait to see you and your mixed tape.

Peter McLennan said...

a few discs are winging their way to you! One's a mix of groovy cover versions, the other is all over the show. Enjoy!

Peter McLennan said...

mwant to say, love the Ugly Dolls. Went to a shop called Giant Robot in San Francisco last year that had lots of that kinda stuff - they do a great magazine called Giant Robot too. Have a look at their website - i'm sure you will find a ton of cool ideas to flog, i mean acquire.

Martha Craig said...

Peter, thanks! I can't wait. I'll check out Giant Robot. The Ugly Dolls are awesome, only thing is, I realised all the toys I carry are a bit sort of weird. I think it frightens the Nanas. I'll have to start trying to sell less perverse toys...