I had a look at my 2007 New Year's resolutions to check whether I'm on track. Here they are:
I will pay off the new car through the sale of 46 million small shirts - not even close, in fact our bank balance would indicate we have bought another car (which we haven't).
I will send more cards (hot tip: people love cards) - IN THE MAIL.- ha! No. Not even one.
I will not make any major purchases. Well, maybe one art work, but that can be regarded as an investment in our future. - yes, we got an artwork (lets call it "retirement fund"). We also bought two computers and a shop (which is somewhat major)
I will not be so good at justifying every extravagant purchase. - um.
I will start cooking real food again. This means vegetables. Not til tomorrow though, thank god. - nup. Although I did once cook haloumi, and quite a lot of beetroot dip.
I will go to the movies at least once in the next year. - I don't think when I wrote this I meant Shrek 3, but for the sake of achieving something, lets say yes.
I will turn of Playhouse Disney by 9am. - victory! School is very good at forcing us to turn off the box earlier.
Resolutions for 2008 (utilising my favourite bullets).
- I will not be so busy.
- I will see more of my friends.
- I will walk the dog every day, come hell or high water (easy to say in the middle of summer, hard to do in the middle of winter).
- I will write a 50000 word "novel". Nobody will read it. Ever.
- I will make a neater pile of accounts.
- I will blog more.
- I will try and work out how to enjoy blogging and not worry about it making me appear unprofessional. Maybe I need another blog.
- I will earn some money, and pay off some mortgage, and then promptly use the money to
- Go overseas for a holiday.
- I will keep a clean house and a tidy garden.
- I will emulate Martha Stewart in every conceivable way. In fact, I will change my name to Martha Stewart, and then I will commit some fraud or insider trading and go inside for a rest, oh, wait...
- I will buy an excessive amount of new shoes on Ebay. My finely honed instincts tell me I am well on the way to achieving this goal.