Friday, October 27, 2006

You're number 1!

Yes you are.

Well, I daresay you were at one stage.

I'm curious to know what dubious achievements you've made. Things that seemed very important at the time (you touched a Van Gogh), and in hindsight kind of see a bit lame (you got a photo of Gary Barlow from Take That). I'm after the things that you thought you might tell everyone (like you asked Martin Henderson for a light at The Box), and then found you didn't tell anyone (like you got one of those free $2 Telecom phonecards at Sesqui (sp?)).

Go on, knock everyone out with your dubious achievements. It is Dubious Achievement Day. In fact, it is Dubious Achievement Weekend.

8 comments:

Kate Borrell said...

Ah Sesqui. I sang with a group at Sesqui. Don't think we got paid because it went bust.

Anonymous said...

A million years ago when I was young, single, and carefree I found myself at an outrageous album launch party in London through a friend who worked for EMI... I ended up dancing with Ben Harper (!!) and at the end of the night, having had enough cocktails to make me believe I was in fact a supermodel, I casually asked if I could "catch a lift into town" in his limo. One of his minders looked over his shoulder at me with an expression of complete disgust and grunted "yeah right". And with that I promptly returned to mere mortal standing and scuttled off feeling very very stupid. It had to be worth a crack though aye.

Anonymous said...

And thank you so much for the fabulous bib, I love the colours... so much so that I haven't been able to bring myself to wipe mash, mince, or snot on it just yet.

Violet said...

I got my photo taken with a cutout of Tom Cruise at Sesqui!

Sorry, that's not a dubious achievement; that's an embarrassment...

Hadyn said...

I dissed the PM. It was at a function and I was on my way to talk to someone when she came past and smiled at me and said hello. I said hi and as she paused expecting me to say more, I cruised past.

I felt stink later. She was having a rough week.

Martha Craig said...

I might diss her this afternoon at the Patrick st party, just 'cos.

Actually, I wouldn't, I'd turn into a little helpless pool of jelly and try and kiss her ankles.

llew said...

Hah! That reminds me Hadyn, I slammed a door in Jim Bolger's face when he was PM.

I heard a muffled "Thank you very much" and ran away.

ANNA said...

I told Marc Ellis off as he was heading into the girls' loos at a Courtenay Pl bar two weeks ago, and he was so ashamed he feels he has to leave NZ!! I feel a bit proud of myself.