Thursday, August 31, 2006

AWESOME!

Is everyone ready to embrace the 80s yet? Fashion seems to be dealing to them. I tells ya, I avoided bubble skirts (for that is what tulip skirts were then), and I shall be avoiding them this time. Ra-ra skirts on the other hand...

And the music - yes! Not all that clever Jesus and Mary Chain and Echo and the Bunnymen and JPS and stuff that I listened to then, but the fabulosity of Icehouse and Foreigner and Culture Club. I was too busy trying to grow up in the 80s to appreciate the mainstream stuff. However, a cd arrived today from Ms Lisa, and by gum, I put it on and Malo and I danced. I tried to film Malo so you could all be entertained by someone else's one year old (yes, I know), but he turned all grouchy, so is in bed while I listen to Starship.

A cd with the Hoff on the front, starting with Simple Minds and finishing with the Final Countdown. Sweeeet.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm up for embracing the 80s espcially musically- I'm not sure I could carry off a ra-ra skirt at my advanced age but I did the first time round.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Phil Collins put Malo in a poopy mood too?

Also... *throws goats!*

Anonymous said...

I was too old for ra-ra skirts first time round, being 17 and so mature. My sister had one though. Perhaps I should give it a go this time. I don't know what a tulip/bubble skirt is!!

As for the music, about 90% of the contents of my phone-masquerading-as-an-iPod comes from then. Adam and the Ants, Visage, Ultravox, Simple Minds, U2...ah me oh my. Early stuff of course, back when they were good.

Anonymous said...

oh, and weren't Foreigner 70s? "Cold as ice" etc? actually I lost sight of them after that

llew said...

I agree, U2 used to be quite good.

bit like Tom Cruise in Risky Business, I remember thinking he showed poromise, what happened?

Martha Craig said...

Ach, I always hated U2, they're too earnest - and always were.

Tom Cruise on the other hand - Top Gun, need i say more?

Susan Harper said...

I also avoided the bubble skirt back then but I saw one in the wind the other day and realised how brilliant for Wellington they are. It moved and shimmered but did not expose an inch more thigh in the wind than it did at rest.