Monday, June 13, 2005

Dancing - almost the end

Quick round up.

Tim is gone. Not surprisingly. Man, people piss me off though, going on about his lack of dancing skills. THIS IS NOT A DANCE COMPETITION. It is a pseudo popularity contest with dancing as a vehicle to humiliate and celebrate.

Of course someone who can dance will win - especially as we have Shane and Norm who can. What the hell is wrong with middle NZ that they can't see that having Tim there made it funny and interesting? As I watched it last night I realised I was grinning from ear to ear just because Smiling Tim is so bloody hilarious.

I don't mind at all that he was voted off, and I imagine that he is pretty relieved too. Looked like bloody hard yakka.

I don't care now what happens. Although I must say that Nerida is looking decidedly hot - so there you have it Llew, she isn't too shabby after all.

And wasn't Jon Stevens good? I didn't know he was Frankie's brother.

9 comments:

llew said...

She looked better with her hair down, and I think she'd look better still sans peroxide, and she's starting to grate - it's her gawky grin.

Once the show is over, who is going to be revealed as shagging whom?

llew said...

And I had to laugh, Mrs Llew didn't know Jon was Frankie's brother either. Sheesh... where has everyone been?

Martha Craig said...

Aren't Shane and Nerida out about their shaggingness? A friend saw them at the food show together. They were apparently very small people.

And yes, it seems obvious about the Stevens' now. Good ole Hutt Valley eh?

Anonymous said...

After seeing Jon Stevens' horrendous video for his equally horrendous cover of the Doors Light My Fire... I remarked to my non-Kiwi friend that he is Frankie's brother and she told me that John Rowles was his brother too...

"But... why would there be two Johns?"

"Because John Rowles isn't Frankie Stevens brother?"

"I'm sure he is..."

Damn South Africans. Don't argue with me about NZ celebrities...

llew said...

So it's a dating game too? Can't see the spouses of prospective contestants for series 2 being too happy...

Martha Craig said...

Surely New Zealand doesn't have more professional dancers?

Martha Craig said...

Don't get me wrong. jon Steven's wasn't goood, as in someone I would go see, or buy their music or whatever. He was just kind of much better than I expected!

I do think that my brain is being toyed with. I found myself thinking Jason Gunn was doing a good job. WTF? where has all my hard bitten cynicism gone.

And that is how reality TV gets you.

llew said...

Jase was on Treasure Island? They partner him with Michael Laws? Did he shag Nicky Watson?

Important questions.

Anonymous said...

Oh it's getting close now.
Can't wait for the two hour show on Sunday!

I reckon most of the older people will be voting for Norman and the younder teenagers will be voting for Shane.