Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A series of fortunate events

Perhaps I'm stoned, or blitzed a little on Archers Peach Schnapps (a most awesome present if ever there was one), but I'm feeling fine.

The day started difficult. We had a car to get to the garage, a child to get to kindy, another to get to childcare, a husband to get to work... it was pissing down with rain, blah.

But then I had a very cool meeting at the Dowse with Ms Sue, and then Glen kind of took the afternoon off work, and the sun came out. I cleaned out my studio, since all the stock ordering madness seems to have finally abated and I can breathe again.

We all tootled into town to take Glen to the airport to pick the Mini up in Auckland. The trip back had potential to be a complete disaster, traffic wasn't moving at all. I cannot for the life of me understand how people do it everyday. And all the people travelling solo! I'd die of boredom. So we pulled into the Reading Cinema place in town (Courtney Central?) for some evil American devil food for the kids, and had the good fortune of running into Ms Sue again! She kept us well entertained until the streets became safe again.

Home again, and Glen called. The car is a year newer than advertised. WTF??? Awesome. The newest car we will ever own is, in fact, newer.
Oy!
So I'm having a fabulous schnapps in my other score of the day from the beautiful and talented Ms Oy Vey (who also sent chocolatey goodness, and if you're in the Philadelphia area, let me know and I'll tell you where to buy them.

Oh, and because this is such a moony post, here is proof I sprung a superchild and a sidekick from my loins.
Dino boy!  And sidekick boy!

No comments: