Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Stolen moment

I have a brief quiet spell while the kids are at a Christmas party, and this lot of screenprinting dries. I vaguely remember having time to clean and email and do stuff like that, but now I'm using my stolen few minutes to scoff toast and update Wanda.

My day may have been a little more chill if I hadn't got an order from my new stockist. I sent their first order to them 5 days ago, and they've sold out, so I'm pretty darn chuffed with that. They've ordered double the last order. Yay!

Last night I read an article about the woman who own Egg Maternity (a clothes company for preggies). They were saying that they loved their jobs, and didn't really regard it as work, and I thought "yeah right". Actually though, it affected me quite a lot, and I've made a real effort today to remember that this business is actually my hobby on a larger scale, and I'm terribly lucky.

So, an Oprah/Pollyanna moment for you all today. It is all about attitude, people.

5 comments:

AMCSviatko said...

Thank you for the timely post.

I was feeling a bit over it with a full time job, a less-than-one-year-old business and a new crafting addiction but you've reminded me I'm actually very lucky to be able to do so much I love!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sell-out and repeat order, that's how businesses succeed!

I wish Egg Maternity coped with larger ladies. When you successful clothing business owner types get together in your Club for Successful Clothing Business Owner Types perhaps you could mention it to them :)

Martha Craig said...

To be honest I never got into their stuff, it was a bit too jeans+white shirts for my taste.

I don't know if it is still there, Cocoon at Crofton Downs is great, and they make to measure.

Don't be put off by the peach and teal on display, they actually have some rockin good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm glad Babylicious is going so well. I'm really missing all my Wellington crafty friends. And the fabulous Wellington craft scene!

Violet said...

I loved the Egg jeans, and I still wear the cargoes when I do yoga.

Did you see Babylicious got a mention in the local community rag? It was mostly about Craftwerk.