Tuesday, January 09, 2007

MacBook

Because the desire to shop never ceases, and my laptop is clearly dying a slow death, I'm back to Apple dreaming.

The MacBooks look luverly. What I can't understand is why they cost $700 more in NZ than in America? I understand a small mark-up, but that is almost 50% more.

I know we live in the wops, but if they can sell bananas for 99cents a kilo, surely they could ship computers here for less than $700.

And if you're going to the States, could you pick one up for me please?

3 comments:

AMCSviatko said...

Are you factoring in how lightlweight the Kiwi dollar is compared to the "great" (ahem) US dollar?

Martha Craig said...

Yep, I am. The model I'm looking at is US$1299, which is about NZ$1800. The same one here is $2500.

styler said...

Ooooo i lust for those toooo

my friend from the UK brought his macbook in the USA. His only issue is that the DVD is set to Region 1 and there is no hack that can alter it.