Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Repeal Section 59

I am completely opposed to anyone hitting any child, ever. It is completely unnecessary and inexcusable in my book. If your child strays onto the road, tell them not to do it again. You don't need to smack them to drive this point home.

I feel really emotional about this bill, and every time I hear someone blathering on about the right to discipline their child the way they choose, I want to cry. My children are beautiful and good, and have never needed to be hit. This doesn't mean they haven't misbehaved, I just have better ways of dealing with them than smacking (for instance, a firm "no" tends to work very nicely).

There is a website here where you can email MPs.

I'm turning comments off on this post. I don't want to argue this point with anyone. If you don't like it, then you can leave.