On Saturday I finally got over obsessing about laptops and bought one. It is a Compaq, and bought because
- It is goodlooking
- It met my minimal spec requirements
- It was reasonably priced
- It has iTunes (so I didn't completely give up the Apple dream)
- It isn't missing anything I wanted (which is kind of what all the above criteria says I guess)
We all got a bit too much enjoying ourselves with the beers, and then the wines. In fact they didn't end up going home until 10.30pm after a meal. Turns out we had quite a bit in common.
More bullet points (I'm in a pointed bullet point kind of frame of mind)
- She is a chemist (PhD) like my husband.
- He is a geologist and caver (like my husband)
- She and I went to the same primary school at the same time. This was very weird because it was Christchurch Steiner School, and you don't meet many people from there.
I have to get another setup disk from Woosh to make hook my laptop up, so I'm still crouched on the floor.