Thursday, August 04, 2005

Memoirs in 10 Bullet Points

I read in the paper that David Lange said he won't die until his memoirs are published. I realised I will never publish memoirs as a) my life, while great, is not interesting reading for others, and b) I can't imagine anything more boring than writing the damn thing. I have kept every christmas and birthday card though, in case someone wants to write my biography and needs to know who my two attentive friends have been each christmas.

So I came up with the Memoirs in 10 Bullet Points. But you know what? It is frickin hard to do. So while I think about it, I want you to all think about your own Bullet Points.

Glen lay awake half the night thinking through his (which are far more meaningful and intense than mine - none involving pashing and alcohol) - and he doesn't even have a weblog. I may have him at Wanda Harland as a special guest.

6 comments:

Miramar Mike said...

Nice idea ...

Anonymous said...

What a fiendish idea... it's going to prey on my mind now...

In fact, I could see this as a great internet site a la Flickr, but with dot points and stuff, and then people could get RSS feeds of biographical dot points to use on their blogs. Cos it said in the SMH today that there is a blog born every minute! So let's invent something cool that everyone uses and then Yahoo! will buy us out even though there is no profit model and we will be rich, rich I tell you!!!

Oops. Sorry about that.

Martha Craig said...

Thanks Em, I was pretty pleased with the idea, although it is goddamn hard.

You go ahead and create the website, and we'll go 50/50...

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

1: Getting born. Traumatic, but ultimately rewarding.

2: First relative dying. Traumatic. Unrewarding

3: First Sexual experience.

4: Falling in love with guitar

5: Meeting the love of my life

Thats halfway too early.

Anonymous said...

I love it. Memoirs for the masses, MacMemoirs, brillliant.

Martha Craig said...

Hell no. I wouldn't do it for a friend, and I have no interest at all in knowing how people view me - it could only be disappointing.

Also, going from Glen's example, he reeled off about 6 bullet points. They were all very full on and depressing, and none of them involved me. Mememememememe!! so I suspect writing someone elses you'd totally not get it right.