Thursday, July 21, 2005

Nice tame post about things other than drugs

I'm not going to mention drugs or celebrities or boobs or being arrested or any other key search words (Auckland Cocaine Implants Hooters Cannabis Pokey Nipples Helen Clark Bollywood Dancing). Okay, I couldn't resist.

We had a terrific playdate today with Ms Jemsweb and her lovely whanau. It was my first cyber-date. To be fair and honest it wasn't a blind date as such. I spent a couple of years being young and going around with (nice term) Emily's brother. And as the world turns and is small and so on, Emily's son's godmother was half the audience at my wedding in Vegas. Does any of that make sense? Doesn't matter, suffice to say we're not strangers and we had a great visit.

I wasn't able to make coffees on the Cart-a-go-go as the weather was pus. Bring on summer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for having us! It was so good to meet your tiny offspring, and you yourself looking much like you did when you were 18 - amazing.

Martha Craig said...

Oh, I hope everyone reads this post and thinks I'm young looking, they might then give me lots of hits to see me take my clothes off.

Thanks Emily, what a nice thing to say.

Miramar Mike said...

Or you looked older when you were 18 ... was that a nasty thing to say ... nah, grin and bare (!) it.

Jessie said...

Emily's son's godmother being my sister, yes?

Martha Craig said...

YOu got it Jessie. How confused will people be now?

And Mike - don't worry. I would have loved to have looked older at 18, but at 32 I find it quite refreshing to get IDed!

Anonymous said...

and sorry we were late for the wedding, marth, but the horse-around spinning bar in CircusCircus was just TOO "fear and loathing" for words and we couldn't stop... and btw the other half of your wedding audience is totally bestmates with Chris&Gwynnie now. and i am in a band with scribe and liam finn! (we are called 80s Steel Riders). photos to follow WATCH THIS SPACE xxxxxx

Martha Craig said...

Org my love, that is so very rock and roll, we may just have to come for a visit and ride on your coat tails. ALthough not til those bastards stop bombing.

Chris and Gynnie eh? I guess he is cooking macrobiotic now then.

Martha Craig said...

PS. Tell Scribe our son is named after him.