Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kircaldies with all the ladies

Tonight Plunket had a fundraiser at Kirks. You paid $5 to get in, and got 10% off everything.

This of course means you can't find a single thing anywhere in the store to buy. Basically I ended up going after the nice young men with the Christmas mince pies, and then mooching over to the Cuisine store to see what yummies were available there.

The hoards of middle aged ladies were so pleased to have sniffed out some grog, that there was no getting close to the slushy alcoholic stuff. I talked to a nice chap who makes oils and salts and spice rubs and relishes. I bought some nice Moroccan rub, which is so insane, because I couldn't bring myself to spend $100 on Stephanie Alexander's Cooks Companion, but $8 seemed reasonable for some spices we have in the cupboard.

Of course there are worse things in the world than cruising a nice shop for a while. It beats Push 'n' Shove hands down.

No comments: