Monday, September 05, 2005

Waiting...

Malo had a second sweat test this morning, to see if he has Cystic Fibrosis.

We should get the results this afternoon, and we're pretty optimistic as the ones he had as a newborn were negative. He is being re-tested because he has a cough which just won't quit.

It is a bit harrowing waiting.

5 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Hope wee Malo is ok.

My sister and my nephew carry the gene for that. I guess I might as well!

Martha said...

Thanks Kate, you might do, my sister doesn't though so hopefully not. They'll test you if you're curious at the hospital.

Mr Reasonable said...

Nuts. Fingers crossed for the little fella.

Martha said...

Thanks, bloody slackers didn't get back to us today. Should hear from the Paed tomorrow though. I'm hoping this means it is good news (lack of urgency and all).