Monday, January 09, 2006

The Wedding

Saturday was the day of my friends Alex and Megan's wedding. It was a big day for me as I introduced them, so essentially I'm responsible for the child they have and any subsequent children they may be having.

It was a beautiful day. The groom was as nervous as I've ever seen anyone in my life. I took him out for a pre-ceremony g&t, but it didn't seem to help matters at all. I had some nerves too about my speech, but really nobody gave a rats arse about how I felt (which I agree is fair enough).

The wedding ceremony was a delight. I bloody wept, and I'm not that much of a soppy person. They married on Lyall Bay beach.

Then we went up to the Maranui Surf Club for the reception. It rocked. And my speech went down well (even though it had the word phallus in it).

There was drinking and dancing and lots of ranting.

Lovely jubbly.

No comments: