Friday, December 16, 2005

Guess what I'm doing...


Good gracious. What a swell day. Although there is a heinous traffic jam which prevented people from travelling to the Hutt to see me.

We've had a very nice picnic and the lovely Percy's Reserve. And when I got home my new toy had arrived! If you look closely you'll notice it is playing nice bogan music befitting someone who lives in the Hutt. Actually, because I have some credit still left with Coketunes, I have downloaded some fairly *erm* mainstream music.

I love the iRiver. I feel like it is the first time I've heard good sounds for eons. Our good stereo is in the sleepout, so it is fair to say that we have suffered poor audio for quite a while.

And Emily, the t shirt is from Ripe in Moera. I'm not sure if you can get them anywhere else. It is LOVELY.

8 comments:

Miramar Mike said...

Why no U10 ... not saying this is glorious and wonderful (it is) but, why no U10?

Martha Craig said...

Mainly it was because of the limited storage. Also $$$ as with everything. I managed to get the H10 from trademe - brand new and cheap. The U10 is of course the most foxy, if only they could've added a couple of gb.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, bogan music. Long live good music. And many happies.

Martha Craig said...

Thanks Hers. I'm listening to Vienna as I type. Bloody growing up in the 80s has a lot to answer for.

Mr Reasonable said...

It certainly does - I just ripped all my old Tears for Fears albumns to MP3 - now all I need is a U10 to play them on....and a chair to sit in to listen to the music on my U10...and a beer in my hand as I sit in the chair with my U10....and on, and on, and on, de da da da, ariston....

Unknown said...

Wow - Ripe are still about, are they?! We've got a couple shirts from about 10 years ago, always wondered what happened to them.

Oh, and happy birthday!

Martha Craig said...

Different Ripe! Although I have a couple of items from the one you're referring to too.

Ripe is a very fabulous coffee company. They have a cafe in Moera which also sells lots of coffee paraphenalia and evidently some t shirts too (although I didn't know this til today).

Miramar Mike said...

Yeah, that's what's holding me back from the U10, storage space ... it'll come and I can wait ... until July and then it's whatever's out there!!