Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ohmigod it is lurve

I'v been tossing up for weeks now about which portable music player to go for. Each has its own individual charm - the ipod is goodlooking, has huge storage and plays video. I just don't feel like it is right though. There is a cool Toshiba Gigabeat, which is ace of base, bit cheaper and has 40gb, but it is a wee bit chunky.

Today I was geeking my way around the new Noel Leeming Connect, and the salesman gave me a total jewel to hold. The iRiver U10. It is so new that it isn't on Noel Leemings website, but you can check it out on the iRiver website.

It is teeny, and spunky, and an alarm clock, and gorgeous. It is also only 1gb. It plays radio! Oh I'm so torn.

11 comments:

Miramar Mike said...

Ooooh, niiiice - I'm with you and have been having a look around but I had to have a radio. This is lahverly.

s. said...

How much $?

Martha Craig said...

Too much! $399 at Noel Leeming, and I've found it online for $370. Another $100 for a docking station thing (which looked pretty cool, had speakers in it).

Miramar Mike said...

I want it, I WANT IT!!!!
$470 is the highest so far, I can deal with that ... I WANT IT!

Martha, thanks so much for this link.

I WANT IT!!!
(I am in negotiations with Liz - wish me luck)

Martha Craig said...

Good luck! Christmas is soon...

I love it too, and Glen was immediately won over (he is going to look at it tonight).

Anonymous said...

Yum yum!

Kate Borrell said...

Have you checked out Ascent?
ascent.co.nz

Martha Craig said...

Mmm, they haven't got it in yet.

Tom said...

Hmm, I can only see the point of a separate music player if it's got a lot more storage than 1GB. Otherwise, get a phone with MP3 capability and get a 1 gig memory card for it: one less thing to lug around.

Miramar Mike said...

Glen was immediately won over - is there any way we can get Glen and Liz in the same room?

Mind you - 1Gb max, that's not much ... hmmm ... maybe I'll reserve judgement ...

John said...

My little brother had an iRiver. He went to an iPod later, but that is only because he doesn't know how to not spend his money.

The iRiver was pretty cool, though. And I spose if you don't mind switching up the music every so often, what with the 1gb, then it is a good purchase. He still uses it.