Wednesday, December 21, 2005

On the road again

We're in Nelson. It is warm and pleasant, and I'm full of raspberries and icecream.

The ferry was warm and busy, but not altogether an unpleasant experience (which is saying something - I'm very prone to seasickness).

I managed to pick Alan out from all the other dads, and met his lovely family. They even shouted Glen a tea. He wasn't geeky, so for a while I'd been eyeing up people who didn't match his description at all.

Not much else to report. The drive through the Sounds was spectacular. We schemed about a move down there. We had some yummy steamed mussels at Mussel Boys in Havelock. They were delicious. Very odd to go to a cafe that doesn't have an espresso machine. Places that aren't Wellington can be a bit different.

7 comments:

Mr Reasonable said...

This is the first year in 3 that we haven't been to Nelson at Christmas - would have been fun to have all met up on the ferry. I am very sad not to be there in the sun but it will be nice to have our first Christmas in our own house....and we have two weeks there at the end of Jan so yay! Please leave some raspberries and icecream for us!

Anonymous said...

I actually don't think that I have ever tried a raspberry before! :O
I always have strawberries!

For some reason eating ice cream makes me feel less seasick.....

Unknown said...

ha! my partner and his son were on that ferry too!

Mr Reasonable said...

alans watch is the reason he is always 3 hours early to every meeting......

Miramar Mike said...

Ooh, I saw Terry at Christchurch airport last night - was gonna go and say hi (like he'll remember me!?) but was busy getting bags for the parents that had just arrived and he was gone once that project had finished

Unknown said...

No, it was me nagging Rosa that gave it away.

With a bit of luck we may cross paths again down here...

Urban Chick said...

it's not right (read: not fair, read: i'm jealous) for it to be warm, hot even, at christmas

*pulls onto extra pair of socks and sneezes into kleenex*