Sunday, April 30, 2006

Poor moi

Heaven forbid I ever get a terrible illness, not because of the obvious tragedy at my young age rah rah rah, but because I will be entirely without grace and utterly unbearable to live with.

I've been stuck on the couch all day with a bung back (medical term you wouldn't understand) watching Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman on the Long Way Round. Sounds nice, and indeed it would be, if it weren't for the intolerable pain.

I don't know what happened. There are about a million possibilities all involving a 19 month old going through a bit of a clingy phase.

Every time Glen comes within range I give him my latest theory for my pain. "Must've happened when I was going to hang out the washing, and I kind of twisted through the door", "could've been when I was lifting him from his cot", "probably when I carried all that shopping into the house while holding Malo".... and so it goes on.

Poor Glen. He should make himself a cuppa.

3 comments:

Urban Chick said...

parenting small children is such a health hazard

it's a wonder reproduction hasn't been banned for all the bad backs (sorry - not familiar with the technical terminology you're using) it brings about which in turn leads to days off work and huge dents in national economies

*limps off towards kitchen for some antiseptic cream to rub into toddler-inflicted scratches on lower limbs*

Urban Chick said...

p.s. still, you managed to ogle at ewan mcgregor, right?

p.p.s. if i was really showing off, i'd tell you that my dad had lunch with his dad some years ago

wahoo!

Martha Craig said...

Thanks for the hot tip SoSu, I have been doing a certain amount of self medicating (beer last night, chardonnay the night before).

Chicky, so you were practically betrothed to Ewan! Nice work. He was very ogle friendly, although the beard was ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL, and his producer should have insisted he shave it off.