Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Culture

I guess you're wondering how my 'being more cultured' plan is going. Not too badly, if you count watching The Apprentice, House and now Boston Legal as culture. Dammit.

I was going quite well. I've read a few books, A History of Tractors in Ukranian (great), Fried Green Tomatoes (fab! Who knew it was about lesbians? I avoided the movie thinking it was just Driving Miss Daisy meets Steel Magnolias), and now I'm halfway through Amy Tan's A Hundred Secret Senses.

Curses though, the telly has been on all night, and it is frickin good stuff.

House is so baaaaaad (as in good, like Michael Jackson), and James Spader is so funny.

And wine is so tasty. I think that is the root of the problem. And the route. The way I got to where I am. I could go on forever. Although don't get me started on the Pak n Save ads. Jesus.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yes wine is lovely. Hooray for wine!

tinks said...

I'll drink to that!

Violet said...

I've read just about everything Amy Tan's written. I really liked A Hundred Secret Senses.