Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's day

The day started very nicely with a visit from Finn and a lovely card. He is starting to write quite well, and I'm blown away by it. It seems so damn clever.

The follow up to the card was a tray with a cup of tea and some french toast. Luverly. I was a tiny bit jaded after a night out in the mightly Petone. A few beers were drunk at Murphy's bar, which was full of people watching the big screen. We stopped into Chow on the way home and had a delicious gin and tonic. Whoar. I love gin and tonic.

This was a remarkably big weekend for me, as we went to Hollie Smith on Friday. I'm a total 12 year old though, because I got a bit bored during the concert, so we went and got some coffee and cheesecake. This is no reflection of Hollie Smith's skills, she is damned talented.

Glen is at Phoenix Foundation tonight. I'm pretty jealous, but it isn't really a good night for booking babysitters, they all seem to have to get up for work in the morning.

I don't mind too much though, as Dancing with the Stars is on later. The drug of the nation.

3 comments:

ANNA said...

Watched Dancing With The Stars tonight too, for the first time. Watched in horror/awe as Rodney Hide galumphed about the stage like a graceful hippo, ogling Krystal leeringly... what's that about?

I too received a cute handwritten card from my son - aah, so that's why I had kids...and for chocolate on Mum's Day!

Martha Craig said...

i couldn't handle it last night - i had the tv on mute and barely looked. i have dancing with the Stars burnout from the last series.

All the guys are very leery I reckon. And Candy. Gross.

Martha Craig said...

Glen absolutely loved it. Didn't mind the drunkeness at all, in fact I think he felt it added to the event. I wish I'd caught it. Maybe I'll win lotto and go and check them out in London.