Sunday, May 07, 2006

Dancing with the stars

Well I couldn't not talk about what will be the next big obsession of the nation - Dancing with the Stars. To be honest though, I haven't got any good guesses as to the winner.

I'm gagging to see Lorraine Downes (for my international readers, she was Miss Universe in the 1980s). She is a hottie, and definitely wins babe of the contest. Angela Bloomfield is an actress, so probably pretty confident physically. I cannot wait to see Rodney Hide. For years I thought he was the most horrid little bulldog, but then I came to love him, and now I think he is just as cute as a button. Not politically cute, but physically cute.

No idea about the sport billys. All power too them. I wish Hamish Carter were dancing.

I hope Christine Rankin isn't in for too long. Nuff said.

I'll make some more earnest picks after I see a bit of form. Much like the rest of our fair nation I'm a total expert at ballroom dancing after the first series.

And thank the gods they're not having any of those 'stars' from Celebrity Treasure island, because they're all on P and party drugs, and that is just squalid.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - you do realise that Mr Hide will be reading your blog as soon as DPF tips him off that you find him "cute"!

Mind you, after this I am fully expecting to see the Dr Jekyll we all suspected might have been under that roguish exterior...

Martha Craig said...

Everyone will finally realise why I love him.

stephen said...

Isn't Jason Gunn creepy though? And isn't the vileness laid on thick? Measuring up Danyon indeed.

Not that I'm watching - it's Kathy. I just happen to be in the same room at the same time.

Martha Craig said...

I can handle Jason since he did the tinny house. But the talking does my head in - both judges and Candy. All I want is dancing and behind the scenes thankyouverymuch.

I thought Danyon looked different, I wouldn't have recognised him if I passed him in the street.

Unknown said...

Agree on Jason. He's the worst thing about the entire series.

And my money's on Beatrice. Is she not a goddess in human form?

llew said...

Rankin will be the first to go.

That Steve Gurney guy next, he's a tosser!

Love the prodding at Bendon for his heavy breathing over lorraine.

I'm interested in who shags who actually, which of them is single?

Martha Craig said...

I thought Steve Gurney definitely wanted to shag his partner - and she definitely didn't want to shag him.

llew said...

Really then, it's up to Brendon to score Lorraine....

Unless Hide surprises us...

Kate Borrell said...

As my colleague often says "it's not a tinny house, it's a tinny home" ;)

Apologies to trannies, but my god doesn't Christine Rankin look like a cock in a frock!?

Martha Craig said...

She isn't the only one on that show that does.