Thursday, May 18, 2006

That funny old thing called the universe

My health is restored. I'm not sure what it was, and I am damned pleased that I don't appear to have any permanent problems. I was pretty stunned at the mention of arthritis, and did one of those promises in my head of "when this is all over I must give some money to Arthritis New Zealand". I haven't quite got around to it yet, but today there was a knock on the door, and a charming old guy asked if I'd be interested in door to door collecting for... you guessed it... Arthritis New Zealand.

Of course I'll be delighted to collect for them at the end of September. I'm amazed how these things come out of the blue.

And before you say anything, this is completely different than being hounded by Greenpeace. As I mentioned, I'd happily support Greenpeace if they didn't try and stop me in my tracks every time I enter the city.

No comments: