Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Biking

I have undertaken (does that make me an undertaker?) the cycle portion of my duathlon wih a zesty enthusiasm. Can you tell I just write things sometimes because I like the sound of them?

Zesty enthusiasm

Zesty enthusiasm

I haven't really taken on cycling with a zesty enthusiasm. More like with a sore arse. However, the key to this tale is that I have dusted off the old bike, pumped up the tyres, bought some pants with extra padding (if Sarah Ulmer can work it, well, so can I). And I've ventured out twice. The woman at the bike shop was very nice and told me that for a 10km cycle you don't need to bother training. I'll take her up on that. I'm a bit frightened of cars.

3 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I have just started on a exercycle and can easily do 12km in half an hour. Sure it is not like biking on the road, but team that with a life of never ever been fit. You should be more than fine. I was saddle sore only for the first two times.

I can understand the car thing. I had so many crashes as a kid and there is no way I would heal as fast. I am a complete woofter

Anonymous said...

Hey cool!

The sore bum thing does subside after a few weeks, until then you just gotta walk funny...

ANNA said...

Are you crazy??? I can't ever imagine biking around Wellington without first updating my will, making amends to all whom I may have ever offended or hurt in my life, and saying final goodbyes to my loved ones... At least in a duathlon there will be a herd of similar crazy people on bikes who may get hit by a car which will then miss you. You know what I mean!!?!?