Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ring of fire

No-one can accuse me of not being affected by the hype. I'm gagging to see the Johnny Cash flick, and not just because Joaquin Phoenix is fine, but also because Johnny Cash was fine.

I was perhaps the biggest River Phoenix fan EVA. I think my folder of pictures ripped out of Tiger Beat magazine from Wadestown library may still be loitering around in my parent's shed. I'm very pleased to see that one of his siblings is doing so darn well, and is so darn foxy.

So while out today I checked out the CDs that have been released with the movie. The main one, much to my surprise, featured songs sung by Joaquin and Reese Witherspoon, and some dude called Tyler Hilton. Now, I love Joaquin, and I think Reese is just as cute as a button, but what the hell? I bought the nice shiny new Johnny Cash cd instead.

And here is the funny bit. I listened to it when I got home, and then got down to some quality play time with the chiddlers. Finn has one of those electric pianos (like a casiotone, but less branded), and the "disco" button plays Ring of Fire! I'm sure of it.

Perhaps Johnny is being channelled into my home. The "woof" of the dog button seemed to have a certain Nashville flavour too...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm, my sister blogged about Johnny Cash songs today too... http://flying0kiwi.blogspot.com/

Martha Craig said...

who is Sister Martha?

The world works in strange ways.

Unknown said...

a nun with an enormous but very strictly confined bosom at my convent school in Belgium. Actually Zuster Marte.