Sunday, February 19, 2006

Real hot bitches

Yesterday was a Real Hot Bitches sort of day.

First up was the Petone fair, and the weather TURNED IT ON BABY. It was lovely and warm, and none of that occasional wind that has the power to somewhat undermine events around Wellington. Our kindy stall managed to sell a lot of sugar to unsuspecting parents, and hopefully made some pinga in doing so.

In the afternoon we had some friends around for drinks. I made some parmesan biscuits. Ohmigod. Take butter, add some cheese and just a hint of flour to hold it all together, and you've pretty much got a melt in your mouth treat.

And in the evening I toddled into town with a couple of ladies for some Bitchcraft. It was at Aro Park and there masses of very hot bitches with stalls selling the most gorgeous crafty items. Check out my necklace.
February2006 041

Then the piece de resistance the real Real Hot Bitches.

February2006 038

Not a great pic I'm afraid. Even in disguise I recognised Ms Angela Meyer leading the pack. It was hilarious and earnest and great.

Sadly a hot dog from the earlier fair caught up with one of my companions and we had to split. Which is actually a good thing. I like to be tucked up in bed nice and early these days.

All up it was a very lovely day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your link to "Real Hot Bitches" - Comes up as page not found for me.

It's fustrating not being able to go when you live a few houses away from it all! :-( - Always next year huh!

Martha Craig said...

oops, thanks for pointing that out Reshma, all fixed now.

Yeah, I'm sure next year will be even better.

mireille said...

seriously, would you mind sharing the parmesan biscuits recipe? I'll foul it up if I adlib. xoxo

Kate Borrell said...

We went there about 8pm. The layout was a bit annoying as people clumped together.

There was some hot stuff. So tempting.

Ellen kept calling it Bitchfest. haha.

s. said...

Can't believe I didn't bump into yous! Was back and forth for hours, house being over the road 'n' all.

Don't think I mentioned it, but the Real Hot Biotches made their public debut at the Soccer Tourney the other week. Quite alarming, they are/were, really. I was overwhelmed by this strange mixture of attraction and repulsion.

Martha Craig said...

I saw the hot bitches on David's blog via yours Stephen. We weren't really there that long, maybe 1 1/2 hours. I guess anyone who survived the 80s is gonna have some latent attraction to the whole hot bitches vibe. I'm still hankering after some lime fishnets and g string leotard after being blinded by one at Les Mills when I was 14/

You don't live at 63 do you? I've spent many many a happy hour at 63 being rat arsed.