Monday, February 13, 2006

martha.run.2

Last week I had a running breakthrough. I suddenly went from running 16 minutes to running 25. This happened on Wednesday, and I was so excited. The run was so much easier. I didn't write about it for fear it wouldn't last - AND IT DIDN'T. Bastard body.

My last two runs have been crappage. I have no idea what factors made it easier. I suspect the fact I hadn't been out for almost a week actually helped.

So here I am, all sweaty and feeling crap after this morning's run.

I think perhaps my good run was due to a hit of endorphins, and it was my first hit, and like that Duncan MacDonald dude said about P "you'll keep trying to get that first hit again, but you'll never find it".

3 comments:

The Editter said...

Darren McDonald? I remember that news item he read about some Calendar Girls type story (older women do semi-nude calendar to raise funds) and he said "and I bet that's all they'll raise". Dickhead. As well as P-head, as it turned out.

Martha said...

Yeah, Darren, doh. I thought Duncan didn't have the correct air of bogan about it.

What a tosser.

ben.run said...

I'm not sure about the whole "P" thing, but in running you will defiantely be able to get that buzz back! The special technique is to just keep on running :)