Tonight is Oscars night! And off to a soiree at Emily and Jan's house. There is a bit of a sweepstake to guess the winners, so I thought I'd share my expertise.
Now, I've only seen Walk the Line out of all the movies nominated, but I'm very intuitive, and I can sense which of the other movies will be good and awarded.
- Memoirs of a Geisha doesn't deserve anything, as it was the most irritating book I have ever read.
- Walk the Line should win everything.
- Brokeback Mountain should win everything else. I've been reliably informed Brokeback Mountain would be too painful for me to watch.
- Even though Walk the Line was great, and so was Reese Witherspoon, I really doubt she'll get (nor necessarily deserves) the Oscar. Felicity Huffman or Charlize Theron can have it.
- And even though Joaquin Phoenix is HOT. Phillip Seymour Hoffman can have that Oscar, as he is an actor's actor. Joaquin doesn't watch his own flicks, and I have to say I think that is a little egocentric, as other people were involved in making the movie too, and probably would like their work appreciated.
- Someone from New Zealand should win something so that we can gloat a little.